We are MurrayMotorsport.com of Unit 21 Beechlawn Industrial Complex, Greenhills Road, Dublin 12, D12 FD63, Ireland. You can contact us at this address by post or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our data protection representative is Eoin Murray and can be contacted at email@example.com.
We are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better shopping experience.
We have published this notice to help you understand-
• how and why we collect information from you;
• who we share your information with, why and on what basis; and
• what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website.
We will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. By Data Controller, this means MurrayMotorsport.com determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
This privacy notice was last updated on 24 May 2018.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
• Contract - your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you a product that you have purchased.
• Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for sending you marketing information.
• Legitimate Interests - this means the interests of MurrayMotorsport.com in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Parties such as delivery partners.
• Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
SECTION 2 – YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights under the GDPR in relation to your personal data:
• right to access the data - you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
• right to rectification- you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
• right to erasure - you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
• right to restriction of processing or to object to processing - you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
• right to data portability - you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Irish supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission.
SECTION 3 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will ask you directly for your expressed consent.
How do I withdraw my consent?
SECTION 4 - PAYMENT
Your data is stored through secure data storage databases. Your data is stored on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose to pay with card, then our platform stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take precautions to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Below is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
Session ID- unique token, sessional, Allows us to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
Visit- no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
Unique- no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
Cart- Unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
Secure Session ID- unique token, sessional
Storefront- unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.